About Me

Who am I? I am a survivor. I faced one of my greatest fears in life and I am daily overcoming it. I did not choose for this to happen but I know I did everything I could to survive. I have my ups and downs, my nightmares and good memories. I feel that writing it out helps.

Friday

Sexual Assault About Power

"All sexual assault is an act of aggression, regardless of gender or age of the victim or assailant. Neither sexual desire nor sexual deprivation is the primary motivating force behind sexual assault. It is not about sexual gratification, but rather a sexual aggressor using somebody else as a means of expressing their own power and control."


Callie Marie Rennison
Rape and Sexual Assault: Reporting to Police and Medical Attention
Bureau of Justice Statistics
Us Department of Justice

No comments:

Bloglines